Five Of The Best Humidifiers For Baby This 2017
A humidifier could be a simple device but offers plenty of health benefits. Thus, most parents are looking for the best humidifier for baby and adults as well. The device acts as a moisturizing agent that can ease dryness that can cause various discomforts.
Below is a short list of the best humidifiers in the market today.
The Benefits of Having Humidifiers
While humidifiers and other devices related to this are becoming more popular these days, some of us don't know the health benefits it offers. Some of its advantages include:
- It serves as our protection against dryness to extreme cold and dry air. The heating system can make our skin dry, and our lips chapped especially during winter months. Thus, having a humidifier helps to keep the place moisturized.
- Babies are highly susceptible to congestion hence; they easily get sick and infected during cold months. Moisture is much needed at this time to prevent them from having stuffy noses and sore throats.
- The device helps in loosening the mucus build-up so baby can sleep comfortably.
- Apparently, a baby's skin is sensitive to extreme weather conditions that usually result to chapping and redness. In worse cases, dry air can aggravate skin conditions like eczema. Thus, experts recommend the use of a humidifier to relieve dry and irritated skin.
- Most humidifiers produce white noise which is proven to help babies and even adults to sleep due to its rhythm and whooshing sounds.
How to Choose the Best Humidifier
Before buying one, remember that there are several types of humidifiers to choose. There are central humidifiers, evaporators, ultrasonic humidifiers and steam vaporizers. Depending on the needs, preferences, and budget of the family, you can have a humidifier that suits your needs.
You know that you have drier air indoors if you get static hairs. Likewise, it can result in an unhappy respiratory system. You might wake up with a dry mouth and nasal passages and start coughing for no reason.
ACCORDING TO SPACE
Before buying a humidifier, it is essential that you consider the size of the room or place where you will be using it. We have to achieve just the right level of humidity which is between 30%-50% that most people can tolerate according to Capital Heat, Inc.
Inadequate moisture will result in stuffed nose, and sore throat but too much of it can promote the growth of dust mites bacteria and mold. Hence, you should assess first, the square footage of the area. Usually, small humidifiers can accommodate a room up to 300 sq ft while medium devices can suffice spaces up to 499 square feet.
ACCORDING TO TYPES
1. Ultrasonic humidifier - this humidifier produces a cool mist with its ultrasonic vibration. You can find a device that offers both cold and warm mist. It is highly recommended for those with children.
2. Central Humidifier - is a built-in humidifier that is often part of an air conditioning unit or heating units at home. While it could be one of the best choices, this is expensive compared to other types.
4. Steam vaporizers - since this is mostly electrically powered, they can cause burns, so experts advise parents not to use this device around kids. It heats water, cools it then expels it in the air.
Technically, you are breathing the air that the humidifier is affecting. Hence, you should strictly follow the specific directions and use of it according to the manufacturer. Likewise, you should always keep it clean and well-maintained to avoid bacterial growth.
It is necessary to clean the filters and tanks as often as possible according to its proper cleaning method to prevent mildew and mold formation. Dirty mist can only make your health condition worse. These allergens can be spewed into the air.
Take note that most ultrasonic room humidifiers tend to break water practices before splitting up and scattering it in the air. Hence, it creates some "white dust" from the mineral residue around the tank and room.
Filling the device with unfiltered water can trigger bacterial growth in the unit while breathing them as well since they are disbursed in the air. Read the instructions of the humidifier you have to see if it requires you to fill with distilled, purified or demineralized water.
Most importantly, never allow the water to sit in the unit for days as it can breed mildew and molds in the enclosed tank. Make sure to empty and clean the unit when not in use. Again, refer to the manufacturer’s advice on how to clean the humidifier.
Top 5 Best Humidifiers
This humidifier comes with adorable animal inspired designs. Aside from elephant, it is also available in duck, frog, tiger, cow, pig, penguin, monkey, and panda, dragon, space alien and other awesome designs.
It is compact and lightweight making it one of the most favorite mist humidifier today. It is recommended as an efficient non-medicated alternative for various health issues.
- According to reviews, the machine is easy to clean and operate. It also offers an excellent moisture output.
- It helps relieve colds, flu, and cough and eases nasal congestion, sinus irritation, and dry cough. Some users also commend this machine for improving dry hair and skin.
- Since it increases air moisture, you can expect for easier breathing while preventing mold and bacteria build up with its Clean Control Antimicrobial Material.
- Its removable gallon tank makes it convenient to most bathroom sinks. This humidifier is designed t effectively regulate moisture level in compact spaces.
- It is quite enough compared to other humidifiers which make it suitable for children and even adults that are sound-sensitive.
It requires frequent refilling since it has a small tank. Likewise, it doesn’t have a humidistat which tends to regulate the humidity of the room automatically. Thus, the surrounding area of the machine becomes overly damp.
We love the wood grain coating of this oil diffuser and humidifier air purifier. Its unique primitive style and shape and portability will surely fit any environment. It helps to keep the skin and hair moisturized. Likewise, it can help you to get a good night sleep. While it is an essential oil diffuser, it also doubles as a humidifier.
- Easy to operate, just add water to the reservoir and essential oil to enjoy an aromatherapy experience.
- It has an automatic power off feature that turns off the device once the water used up to prevent it from burning.
- You can add your preferred essential oil to the water tank and allow the mist to be mixed with its fragrance.
- It offers excellent mist output and large tank that can hold up to 300ml of water. According to reviews, it can run up to 10 hours of continuous use and can produce up to 30ml of moisture every hour.
- Unlike other humidifiers, the VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier is super quiet when working. Plus, it has seven different colors to help you set the mood.
Its top part only sits on the base and doesn’t have a lock or screw mechanism to keep it in place.
Whether you need a small air humidifier at work, office, in your bedroom, living room or car, this baby humidifier by JZK suits you. It’s very compact, easy to use, convenient and portable. While it may appear as a simple humidifier, it can give you plenty of benefits. This gadget can go with you almost anywhere.
- It offers a consistent stream of water vapor that will help to freshen up your room and enhance your breathing.
- Likewise, the device helps soothe chapped lips, dry sinuses, dry skin and bloody noses. Some customers would attest how it efficiently helped them manage their respiratory infections.
- Moreover, it can loosen dry mucus while easing symptoms of a sore throat, cold and other respiratory conditions.
- It can hold up to 120ml of water and features an auto-shut off mechanism.
- Users love that it has flexible recharging options. Aside from the usual outlet, they can also plug it in their laptop or desktop and power banks with its USB interface.
- It cannot be used as aromatherapy or oil diffuser and can be solely used as a humidifier.
- According to some users, their JZK humidifier stopped working after a couple of months. However, this could be due to improper use of the device.
Hello Kitty lovers will love this item, but even if you are not an avid fan, its benefits will make you think twice. Customers find this cute design suitable for their kids’ room. It offers soothing relief and can humidify up to 500 SQ feet. Likewise, it has an auto shut-off sensor when the water level is used up.
- It has a removable one-gallon tank can fit into most bathroom sinks. Users love that it has an anti-microbial material that reduces bacteria and mold growth.
- Likewise, it helps alleviate symptoms of colds and flu, nasal congestion, dry skin and other breathing issues with its great humidity output.
- It also comes with a built-in night light enough to light the room.
- This one cool mist, a quiet humidifier that can hold up to one gallon of water that can last up to multiple nights.
- Its whisper-quiet ultrasonic operation is excellent for both children and adults as it promotes a comfortable and sound sleep.
- The unit is easy to clean and maintain. Moreover, it can be used a decorative piece at home and can match a Hello Kitty themed room.
According to some reviews, their unit has leaked and sputtered, making it difficult for them to keep it clean.
It is an upgraded version of the URPOWER Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser. Hence, this unit can produce more mist compared to the old model. Many customers find this an ideal way to keep their place well-moisturized. It suits bedroom, hotel rooms, office cubicles and even tabletops with its fresh, clean scent.
- You can use it with any pure essential oils of your choice. The unit will help reduce dryness to prevent dry sinuses, allergies, chapped lips, and skin.
- It comes with seven color-changing lamps that are programmable with an auto-shut off feature.
- It holds up to 500ml water that can last up to 10 hours of use. Moreover, it has the combination of a humidifier and a diffuser so you can enjoy it both ways.
- Help soothe colds and flu virus with its ability to give refreshing and therapeutic scents with its ionizer and air purifier.
- Likewise, its features can remove offensive smells such as stale tobacco smoke and pet odors.
- It is easy to clean and maintain. You just need water and vinegar solution and cotton swabs to clean the unit.
Some customers find it unreliable as theirs stopped working after a couple of weeks to a month of use. We believe this could b due to improper handling of the unit.
The Winner Is….
While most of us can endure varying humid levels, a humidifier can help us in different ways. For this round, we choose the VicTsing 300ml Cool Mist Humidifier Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser. We love the idea that you can use it as an essential oil diffuser and humidifier at the same time.
Plus, it has a larger tank that is enough to use for up to 10 hours. The device can help you watch out for an increase moisture level and prevent it from triggering allergy symptoms and worsen your case. With the aid of a humidifier, one can immediately reduce and control the humidity levels.