Newborn babies to toddlers needed protection for their feet. Although they are not yet able to walk or run, it serves as their defense against elements.
However, they have tiny feet that most parents tend to buy the wrong size and type of baby socks. Thus, we come up with a short review of five of the most popular socks today.
The primary purpose of this clothing it to keep babies’ feet feel warm and secure. Since they are not moving around yet, they quickly get chilled. Most of their body warmth escapes through their feet and heads.
According to studies, difficulty in sleeping, poor weight gain, fussiness and lack of appetite among children is associated with them being too cold. By putting their socks on, we ca help reduce these symptoms.
Likewise, parents love to put on colorful and fancy socks on their babies to match their outfits. Having a nice stash of baby socks at home has become a must-have for most families. Well, a baby doesn’t need to wear a new pair of booties or socks all the times. It still depends on his or her environment and the weather conditions.
AVOID BUYING THE WRONG SOCKS
The problem is that most pairs of socks seem to fall off most often since babies are so small and tend to get restless and fidgety while sleeping. If you also tried a bunch of different socks for your little one but to no avail, it is time to review the features and characteristics of a good product.
Not all of these items were equally made, so it is essential that you buy a sock that is not too tight or too large. One pair of socks per day will suffice. Booties are a great alternative as well as infant outfits that have matching booties.
Socks that are too tight can impede your baby’s healthy foot development. Hence, choose the one that is one size larger, so there’s plenty of room for growth.
Tight socks can also reduce blood and air circulation and cause sock-line hyper-pigmentation. While this is harmless, it can result in a permanent scar.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SOCKS
- Instead of buying a small sock to fit in, choose the one that has an elastic top as it stays on the feet.
- Always be on the safe side by choosing the product that is made of natural materials.
- Buy thin and thicker socks so you can alternate them according to weather condition. Pediatricians suggest that newborn should go barefoot so they toes can wiggle and move especially during summer days when it is warmer.
Aside from the colors and designs, comfort and durability should come first when choosing the best baby socks.
A SHORT REVIEW OF FIVE OF THE BEST BABY SOCKS
To help you narrow down your list of the most popular and top rated baby socks today, below is our top five from various brands.
1. Jefferies Socks Three Pairs of Organic Cotton Socks
Jefferies is a well-known brand founded in Burlington, North Carolina. They are makers of children clothes and accessories. If you are looking for a durable sock that has grippy feet and ribbed cuffs, their three pairs of socks are ideal for you. Each set is composed of three pairs.
- It consists of 70% organic cotton materials, 33% spandex and 27% nylon. It perfectly fits babies from 0-1 year old.
- Helps regulate baby’s temperature to keep him warm on chilly nights and comfortable during the day.
- It is also hand and machine washable so you can easily keep them clean.
- Unlike other brands and types of socks, this one doesn’t bind their ankles.
- According to customers, the socks perfectly stay on their babies foot despite them being a restless sleeper.
- An excellent sock at an affordable price that most moms and dads recommend.
- This item suits babies with long skinny feet but not those that are chubby as they tend to run a bit small than their supposed size.