What to Wear To A Baby Shower If You Are Not Sure
Are you attending a baby shower soon? Whether it is your first time or not, you will always ask yourself what to wear to a baby shower. We believe that like other occasions, this is celebratory and one must dressed appropriately for it.
Most baby showers happen at brunch to lunch time. If you are the mom-to-be, dressing your now huge tummy could be quite challenging. Ironically, your family or friends would usually throw a baby shower for you during the few final months of your pregnancy.
We gathered a variety of fashionable but comfortable looks to help you become party-ready!
When we heard of baby showers or baby sprinklers, we also think of pastel colors, light blue, pink, green or yellow and other neutral hues, airy dresses, and cotton wardrobes.
- Dresses will always be on our list as it is timeless and give us that ultra feminine feel. Likewise, dresses can flatter various body types. Go for light-colored, airy dresses. Just make sure that its color will match the theme of the baby shower.
- White dresses or blouses are good options as these can go in a wide variety of bottoms such as skirts or pants.
- You cannot resist the charm of floral prints. If you prefer long skirts instead of a dress, go for floral printed ones to show your inner chic aura.
- For outerwear, you can choose from these two equally fab options: a beautiful trench coat or a little leather or denim jacket according to Rachel Zoe. The traditional coat is ideal if the baby shower will be in a cool kind of day.
- Keep an easy-to-remove jacket or sweater depending on the time of the year.
- Accessories are other staples to jazz up your baby shower ensemble. However, baby showers are usually a daytime event so be subtle in the accessories department. Don’t overdo your accessories and just wear whatever seems comfortable for you.
- Match your outfit with t-strap flat or glitter pumps, crystal earrings and a mini clutch for added style. Again, your accessories should not overpower your whole wardrobe and should be too flashy.
What To Wear To A Baby Shower If You Are The Expecting Mother
If you are the mom-to-be, remember that this is your big day too! We would like to remind you of these things, so you’ll stay comfortable during the baby shower.
- Since this is you and your child’s big day, expect that you will be meeting good old friends, hugging and kissing relatives and entertaining people who are also excited to see the baby. Thus, it is very crucial that you wear the outfit which is comfortable for you.
- Wear something that won’t be too warm to prevent you from sweating if it is summer, or the weather is humid. You should be able to move around and mingle with others without discomfort because of your outfit.
- For your footwear, we prefer flat shoes or sandals with low heels. It’s because you are mingling with plenty of guests and you should be on your feet for most of the time. We advise you to keep it less than two inches.
- Because it is a baby shower, people gathered to see that baby bump so better to show it off! Choose the outfit that will complement with your bump.
- Be girly yet classy. Bring out those ruffles, flowing dresses and floral prints. Babies are cute so why not dress in a pretty way.
- Likewise, consider what type of baby shower it is. Is it a fancy event or a formal soiree? Others opt for just a casual party in the mom-to-be or a close friend’s house. The theme or setting is also essential in choosing your outfit.
If you are not comfortable wearing a regular dress, there are other options to try to still feel comfortable such as particular jersey knits. Elastic bands are also essential for your skirts and pants’ waistline. It allows you to sit without your belly poking.
Choose breathable blends for maximum comfort while looking trendy as well.
What To Wear If You Are A Guest
Modern-day showers usually get the services of photographers and videographers. As a guest, you would want to look your best. Likewise, you wouldn’t want to feel under dress or overdressed so here are some of the few things to consider when choosing an outfit for a baby shower.
- Make sure to check the time and place of the event as it can be in a fancy restaurant, a backyard or front yard or a banquet hall. It dictates you what to wear and how to accessorize.
- We don’t want to wear something fancier than the expecting mom so gauge your outfit well to avoid being over-dressed. While we want to pay homage to the traditional baby shower, it is still important that you measure the formality of the event.
- You need to accessorize as well, but it should complement your outfit. If your dress is in a pastel hue, choose footwear with a bold-colored heel.
- Notice that baby showers usually incorporate softer shades to give the event calm and at peace look. You can still wear brighter hues or opt for cream and white but if the event has a theme, make sure to follow.
Wear lighter fabrics if it is summer and heavier ones if the shower is in winter. Likewise, expect that there will be party games that you will be asked to participate. Your outfit should allow you to move freely and comfortable.
Wearing jeans depend on the crowd and is acceptable if the event is informal. Smart jackets or boots can make a casual outfit look a little bit dressed up. If the shower is an indoor event, a sleeveless or short sleeves dress would be a perfect choice.
Aside from ruffles and laces, you can go for thin cotton and chiffon dress. It should fall at mid-knee or below. There are also pullover styles with elastic gartered waist or dress with side pockets for function.
What Not to Wear!
Baby showers are more likely to be a family event. Closest friends and relative will gather to celebrate this joyful occasion with the parents-to-be. Some of them might not approve a very short dress that is backless or has a plunging neckline.
Regarding jewelry, it all comes down to you. Maintain conservative even if you opt to wear a dangling necklace or earrings.
Leave your heels at home as this event will require you to play some games or to go around and have plenty of chat with friends. We don’t want to feel sore and uncomfortable right?
Enjoy this Whimsical Moment
We hope that you now have an idea on what to wear to a baby shower. Having a baby sprinkler or a baby shower is an exciting part of welcoming the newest member of the family. It is an important occasion that celebrates the mom-to-be transition to motherhood.
While the color, theme, time and place are important factors; your comfort should always come first. Dress lightly and surely and enjoy this moment with the soon-to-be mommy and daddy.
Do you have other questions, tips or suggestions about this topic? Post your queries below.